Okay the time has come to write down some of the pivotal questions and tricks that I have faced on the fatal day of March14 2016.
When I entered the office premises, it was about half past eight in a rainy morning!! The weather was not at its best that morning. After the initial check up I went into the Dholpur House… It was around 9:00 am other candidates were already there and few joined later with their black suit and tie…
My sequence order was the third and room no. 3, Dholpur House .was allotted to me… I was nervous but I managed not to express the same.. It was my third interview experience though ( the first one on the law firm Amarchand Mangaldas followed by the Himachal junior civil judge), but still I knew this is before the best and toughest board.
Only one thought was in my mind and that being ” the board will not there to abuse me, nor there to appease me ” . I just have to be honest and present what I am without pretending anything.. The chairman of my board was Mr. Sattar Singh.. The interview went on for 40 minutes.
Seating arrangement ..
Centre- Mr. Sattar Singh
Member 1- adjacent left of chairman- a middle aged lady.
Member 2- extreme left of chairman- middle aged gentleman.
Member 3- extend right of chairman- senor gentleman, possibly from the Defense background.
Member 4- adjacent right of chairman- a middle aged lady.
And two vacant chairs possibly for the translators as I was giving my interview on English so they were not required..
I entered the room and wished the chairperson first and then there lady and other board members.
After I entered, one if the lady came up to me and said ” an so happy to see you get ” , I was aware of the fact that often they trick the candidate but this was a googly!! I just smiled and said that I an glad to be the reason for your happiness ma’am.
Then I was asked to sit, followed by the first set of questions from the chairperson. He started by asking
1. What is tax?
2. Is the p purpose of taxation is only to
3. What is the principle that is followed
in India when it comes to distribution
of tax between center and state?
4. What are the rights that children have
under the UN Convention on Rights
of Child and it’s implementation under
Art. 253 of the Indian Constitution?
5. Name six environmental laws in
India and the role played by NGT in
the recent past?
6. Then he asked something on the
constitutional validity of GST?
7.What is your view on NJAC?
8. What cannot be patented in India?
9. Rights on LGBT and the ruling on
section 377 in the Indian society?
10. Can fundamental rights be waived?
Is the judgment on right to suicide
is valid in Indian context?
Then come the lady member with her set of questions…
1. “I will give you a line and you will
have to elaborate on it ‘ life frowns at
those who crib about it. Life smiles
at those who smiles at it. Life salutes
those who o help others’ “
2. Then again ” mind times the body “
3. “God’s love for us is never requited
yet he continues to live is ” elaborate
4. Complete the line ” faith is merely
the road that leads us to greater love “
5. She asked about the theme of my
blog and asked some personal
questions on it which I dodged
6. She gave me a pad and pen to write
something on which I can write in five
mins. Needless to say that I have
written two pages on my love and this
was the best part… I felt her presence
7. She asked me about my last blog
that I have written!!!
Then she indicates the third member and he started by a googly!!
1. He drops a cheque and asked me
pick that up… I was not sure about
his intention but fooled followed his
instruction and give that cheque to
him.. On this new asked – Is that a
criminal misappropriation of fund?
2. Why the latest criminal amendment
act doesn’t cover marital rape? What
is your take on this?
3. The preamble talks about justice..
What do you mean by this? Is our
preamble talks about tolerance
4. We hear a lot about life style
diseases – what do you mean by this
and can you give me some examples?
5. Tell me something about the health
in the budget this year? Why there is
a fall in the social sector budgeting?
6. What about good education in India.
Do you think there is an injustice
associated with it?
7. What about the rights of the
physically challenged persons? Do
you think that we’ve been able to get
justice for them?
8. What is anti development?
Then the second lady started throwing her questions.
1. What is the difference between
Janani and janaani ?
2. What is the relevance of PNDT Act
with respect to the latest child sex
ratio in India 2011?
3. What is spirituality?
4. The situation in law and order issue
in West Bengal with respect to crime
5. Tell me one way in which you are
unique from everyone else?
6. The issues of tea planters and jute
mills in Bengal?
7. “Every person is similar to all
persons in some way or the other.
Every person is similar to some
persons in some ways and every
person is similar to persons in some
8. Do you recall any book that you have
read in the recent past?
Finally, the last member asked me few questions on-
1. The recent enclave issue that for
settled after decades between India
and Bangladesh .. Your opinion it?
2. India take on Nepal constitutional
3. How prohibition and toleration can
be observed at the same time in any
government policies & legislations?
4. Issues of Maoism and the future of
this problem in the social fabric that
we have in India?
5. What is the tolerance debate is all
about? Can conversion can be said as
an important part of it?
6. Climate change and the relevance of
El Nino ….
On this I remembered her, my love when she made me understood the entire mechanism of the same while drawing the same!!! I missed her and felt her throughout the interview… She is really my angel.. The special gift of God!!
7. Your opinion on OROP Scheme!!
8. Is smart city is viable for India?
9. Why you have selected Rajasthan as
your cadre preference instead of
Finally, the chairperson ended up with a couple of question as to why is 2016 is famous for you? And why did you left legal career??
Then he said that your interview is over, you can go now!!
P. S. – These were those questions which I could remember and wrote it down on a paper after the interview immediately!!!